Let’s face it: driving during the winter is a whole different animal. There are different rules and precautions when plunging through the snow or inching across an icy road. Ford understands this and wants to make sure that everyone is as safe as possible during the winter months. Here is Ford’s list of the top ten winter driving “Do’s and Don’ts”:
- Scrape your windows for maximum driving visibility. Brush snow from taillights and headlights as well.
- Use winterized windshield wiper fluid
- Wash your car intermittently to clean salt and dirt
- Always have at least half a tank of gas so that you lessen your chances of being stranded. Also check other fluid levels as well as tire pressure.
- Keep an emergency kit in the car. Some items to consider are a blanket, extra clothing/shoes, gloves and hats, a shovel, sand, a flashlight, batteries, and food.
- Beware of pedestrians and/or animals around you. Don’t follow other cars too closely.
- Don’t brake abruptly. Test road conditions to see how your brakes react.
- If your car begins to slide, turn the steering wheel in the direction of the slide. Don’t press the gas or try to change directions.
- If you become stuck, don’t leave your car unless you know of shelter in the area. Make sure that snow is not blocking the exhaust pipe when the engine is running.
- Always stay alert when driving. Take breaks, drink caffeine, or alternate drivers if need be.
Follow these easy tips from Ford and stay safe this winter season!
The 2012 Ford F-150 continues to outshine its competitors by winning its fourth Motor Trend Truck of the Year award. Motor Trend picks a winner every year by evaluating the trucks’ design, engineering, performance, efficiency, safety, and value.
Motor Trend and Ford President of The Americas, Mark Fields, both commented on the 2012 Ford F-150’s ability to meet the needs of every driver. Its class-leading fuel efficiency, capability, durability, and technology give exactly what full-size light-duty pickup drivers want.
With its variety of technologies that boost performance and fuel efficiency, and its choice of four different engines, the F-150 can be tailored to fit every driver’s desires.
With more than a half-million sales made by November of this year and a sales lead of almost 150,000 sales over its nearest competitor, the 2012 Ford F-150 continues its leading success.
Come to Marketplace Ford in Devils Lake to get your 2012 Ford F-150. You can also read reviews and specs for this truck and all other Ford Models at Ford Cars ND.
One medium-duty truck, two Police Interceptors, and a next-generation limousine will be joining Ford’s commercial lineup in 2012. Ford, who is known as the best-selling commercial vehicle company in the US, continues to diversify its vehicles. In fact, Ford sells six of the top 10 commercial vehicles in the U.S.
The new Ford Transit van will soon replace the Ford E-Series and contains advancements in fuel economy, handling, and technology. The Ford Transit will achieve at least 25% better fuel economy than other E-Series vans.
The new medium-duty truck, the 2012 Super Duty F-650, has a gas engine that costs thousands of dollars less than medium diesel trucks. The 2012 F-650 will be a great alternative for municipal customers that plough the streets of snow during the winter months.
The next generation limousine, the Lincoln MKT Town Car, has a higher roofline, a more comfortable cabin, and a spacious trunk for cargo. It’s durable and sophisticated and allows its passengers to ride around in safe luxury.
Ford plans on reducing its commercial vehicles’ C02 emissions by 30% by the year 2020. As part of this effort, Ford commercial trucks are now using certified clean-burning CNG/LPG alternate gaseous engine prep packages.
Nobody likes a Grinch during the holidays – it is the season of giving! In celebration of this time of year, Marketplace Ford is offering a special “Gift Wrap” sale, in which all cars are being offered for $750 less than their internet price.
That means you can get a 2010 Ford F-350 for just $703 a month. Or a 2008 Ford Focus for only $128 a month.
Marketplace Ford is proud to “wrap up” the savings, offering a 2009 Mercury Mariner for only $23,245 and a 2008 Ford Escape for $18,213.
This is just a small sample of the savings you can get at Marketplace Ford. Call (888) 875-6557 for more information or view this special online at http://marketplaceford.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en. Start your gift shopping off right at Marketplace Ford!